Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is a web service that provides scalable computing resources in the cloud. It enables users to quickly launch virtual machines and manage their computing resources as needed. EC2 is a popular choice for running applications, hosting websites, and running batch processing jobs.
Use it when :
- - You need scalable and flexible computing resources that can be quickly provisioned.
- - You want to easily launch and manage virtual machines in the cloud.
- - You want to pay only for what you use and avoid upfront hardware costs.
- - You want to choose from a wide variety of pre-configured virtual machine images or create your own custom images.
- - You want to easily scale your computing resources up or down depending on demand.
- - May require some technical expertise to set up and manage virtual machines.
- - May incur additional charges for data transfer, storage, and other services.
- - May require additional services such as load balancers or auto-scaling groups to achieve high availability and fault tolerance.
- - May have some limitations in terms of performance and hardware configurations.