Azure Artifacts is a package management tool that allows developers to create, host, and share packages across an organization. It is particularly useful for teams using Microsoft technologies such as .NET, NuGet, and npm, but can be used for other package formats as well.
Use it when :
- - You want to manage your organization's packages in a centralized and secure way.
- - You want to host your own packages and dependencies, rather than relying on public repositories.
- - You want to automate package builds and releases with continuous integration and deployment.
- - You want to enforce security and access control policies for your packages.
- - You want to easily find and consume packages in your development workflows.
- - May require some setup and configuration to integrate with your existing builder and release pipelines.
- - May require careful management of permissions and roles to ensure data security.
- - May be more expensive compared to using public package repositories, depending on your organization's usage.